Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Day-Dreamer

Hey all! It has been a Very long time hasent it? So much has happened, in such a short period of time. And now 2011 is drawing to a close, but what will 2012 hold? Who knows! That is the most exciting part of life.

Photobucket

"The Dreamer" watercolour.

I would now like to share a poem I wrote for an unlucky water fowl, a few days ago.
in fact it's almost a sort of apology...

The duck.

I stand in the cold,
Clouds of breath,
Drifting snow.

And on this day.
A truck did pass by, on it’s way.
But as the truck goes, it’s tires
Slip over a duck
Quietly resting in the snow.

Thud.
A dull Crack.
Just another bump in the road…

The bird flounders
As if
Drowning
Flapping its useless wings, straining to break the surface
A strangled quack
Then lies still

The Lamenting wife, wheeled darkly against the bleak sky
Crying out
As her husband died

I made no move
So, I too stood still
I did nothing, though could have tried
But instead I swallowed these heroic ideas
And did not move.

In the snow,
The biting winds,
The duck didn’t even
Bleed.

Thanks for reading! Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment