Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Blog Post That Is A Week In Length (give or take a few days).

A week. Well, let's say 4 days. Plus some tea I drank last week.
So really it's like 5 DAYS!

SUNDAY:
Anyway it all started with us going skiing on sunday, now this isn't very unusual, but Y'see two things made it different, one is that we were going on a trail loop that we had never done (Robyn you might want to get a nickel plate map out), Motherlode (we lucked out with clear skies so the lookout was amazing), Reimer's Reach, Winter's creek, then the end of buck's treck.

Photobucket

Lookout at MotherLode.
Photobucket

Photobucket


The other thing is there had been a large snow dump of 15 cm on friday then 24cm on saturday.
Great new snow! Then we start traveling down the nice, never ending spectacular death defying hill at the beggining of Motherlode. OH GOD NEW SNOW!
The foot or so of mildly packed powder clawed at out skiis and swallowed our feet making it impossible to steer, let alone slow down. Narrowly missing the edge of the trail we carrened and skidded to a stop at the bottom. It only took about 60 seconds. The rest of the trail was actually really good, nice long slopes, tight swicthbacks (all going down hill). Under the right snow conditions I would definitly go again.
PROOF!
Photobucket

Reimer's Reach
Photobucket

The Parking lot is alot farther away that the sign suggests.
Photobucket


Later that day we went to the sping equinox ceremony at Pen-Henge. It was very cloudy.
Photobucket


MONDAY:
The next thing that happened was on a monday (which usually follows sunday, but only usually), I went to work with my father, to help with whatever and go on the equinox hike. Well, my dad had been planning my coming to work for sometime, he timed my arrival with the heavy work that needs to be done to a radio dish after the infusion process. The "whatever" was ripping peal-ply off the dish. After a few hours of that I figure i must have the most muscular fingers on the planet. We also set up a nice space age silver tent over the mould and part, for post curing. Leaving Tyler to do the reat of the Peel-ply removol, me and my dad went on a hike.
I asked my dad where we were going, he carefully pointed out a small hilly knoll on the top of a stony ridge. "Just up there?" I asked.
"It's farther than you think." Boy, was he ever right. The elevation change was around 450m (!) from the observatory.
Bill even beat us to the very top and he's 63!

Photobucket

Great views, a makeshift helicopter pad, and four crazy dogs of another co-worker (who was also 60) met us at the top.
What is this! I'm sixteen, I should be running up the mountain! The couch softly calls me back into the basement-hole of inactivity.
I must do more hiking in the future.
Photobucket

Photobucket

What is he doing?
Photobucket

A one line sketch of Daddy.
Photobucket



WEDNESDAY:
Well I got some more excersise today because I had rugby at 7 IN THE MORNING!
Here is a picture of some very good tea I drank last week.
Photobucket


And now, the moment you all have been waiting for. Just for Robyn's viewing pleasure, it is my great honor to announce to the stage....

Photobucket

PLAID-MAN!

Photobucket

Coincidently, Plaid-Man is also a master of may tatak na kuwadra-kuwadrado-fu, the ancient art of the plaid ninja.
For every layer of plaid you dont see, there are three more you dont see.


Photobucket

ALL THIS PLAID. It can't be contained!

Tomorrow= VICTORIA!
Have a good spring Robyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment