Monday, January 10, 2011

Instant Mustache.

Mexican wrestlers take the world PT.2! In which the wrestlers discover Removable Accesories! With Velcro!
These masks I made for my very good friends, Steve and Ryan, who I met on a SALTS sailing trip. And Thank you Robyn for your help on this project!
:Renactment: I(played by Sean Connory)sat on the very top of the Swift's main mast, lifting weights with my tongue, casually reading War and Peace with the left hand, and painting a copy of an M.C Escher while glancing wistfully at the ocean, between snipets of Russian names, and the mathematical equatons that made up my brushstrokes.
When suddenly I thought "hey(in a deep pleasing tenor),Velcro." And So here i am a few months later, sewing velcro onto some plain white Wrestling masks, and making the First ever "Customizable Wrestling Masks". And a month after that I finally get around to making a blog post. So here they are, without any furthure adoo.....The Gentleman and the Pirate!

So suave!
Photobucket

This is the stare you hide your kids from in the park....MMMMM!
Photobucket

For the Monacle, I just painted a piece of canvas gold and sewed it arount the eye, then taking an extremely fine paint brush I painted a gold chain running from the eye down the cheek.

These eyes can actually see through wall and into souls. Did I say Eyes? I meant mustache....The mustache can see your soul.
Photobucket

All the Mustaches are made from a double thick piece of black felt(which Robyn sewed around the edge), then a black piece of velcro, with a white piece on the mask side. Robyn Also spent time and made the entire top hat!
Photobucket

Don't Mess with a FU-MAN-SHOE!
Photobucket

....or Salvador Dali!
Photobucket


Now For the Pirate, I made an eyepatch that has velcro so you can flip it up and not lose depth-perception when wrestling. Also you can tie on what ever bandana you want.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh! Look at that, your advantage is greatly diminished by my having two eyes! And no Mustache to inhibit my use of verbal insults!
Photobucket

Thanks, again for the help Robyn! Steve and Ryan enjoy those masks!

1 comment:

  1. BRENDAN! oh my goodness this is wonderful ><
    So funny!
    good job man~

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete